Steamship Investments commissioned ProDesign to consult on the Audio Visual and Specialty Lighting requirements for the InterContinental Singapore.
Included within the design package was an Energy Management evaluation for all lighting aspects for the project.
The criteria at the time of the evaluation was limited to all relevant F&B outlets, Function Rooms, Public areas, Corridors and Service locations. These included:
- 4 Full Service Restaurants
- 2 Public Bars
- 5 Function Areas
Energy loads (lighting only) were documented at:
- 92kw for F&B outlets
- 127kw for all public areas
- 31kw for corridors and other access ways
The evaluation concluded:
Energy Management Implementation at 5%
- Percentage Saving - 15.90%
Uncontrolled Supply at 5% Over Voltage
Worst Case Scenario
- The Lighting Costs could be 37.34% more than they need to be
The return on investment would be achieved within 3 years.